We need to come together as 1 district to learn about our candidates & find unified solutions to 2018 election challenges.
We request the attendance of progressive/liberal groups from all over VACD1. Leadership or representatives or anyone interested. Be prepared to participate. MUST RSVP TO ATTEND (select ‘going’).
> Sawyers, Santana, Hicks, Suddarth and Williams will be attending & are invited to workshop with us.
> No fee for attendance but we are planning on lunch being available and are working on details (perhaps splitting the cost).
1) Introductions of groups & their current projects
2) Candidate introductions
3) Workshops covering topics such as (TBD):
- Growing progressive group size
- Improving participation
- Raising money
- Improving communication/collaboration.
- Improving voter turnout (specific to VACD1)
- Opportunities for marketing/advertising (crowdsourced ads?, etc).
- Advanced canvassing tips/strategies.
- Basics of MiniVan (bring your smartphone/tablet). WiFi available.
** Any suggested topics (related to 2018 election)?
** Any experts on these (or related topics)?
>Location: Mechanicsville Library Conference Hall @ 7416 Sherwood Crossing Place, Mechanicsville, VA 23111 (may change due to size of group).
>MUST RSVP TO ATTEND (to ensure seating for all).
> ** We are reserving the hall for about an hour before/after and there are breakout rooms available if groups wish to use for their group’s planned meeting or for teleconferencing. Although teleconferencing available for groups that cannot attend in person, I recommend leadership attend in person to improve face to face communication/collaboration 😀😀.