Our Maryland faith communities have a powerful opportunity to speak out for Creation in Annapolis in the 2020 legislative session, which will run from January to April.
The briefing portion will also be live-streamed.
RSVP here or below for live stream details: bit.ly/2020CreationCareMD
Learn how your community can advocate for legislation that promotes clean air, clean water, and environmental justice. Participants will hear from issue experts about priority legislation, why it’s important for Maryland, and how, as people of faith, we can be advocates from a moral and religious perspective.
We'll open with a call to faithful advocacy by state Senator Sarah Elfreth!
We'll discuss legislation that seeks:
• to address our climate crisis with justice and equity (Coal Community Transition, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act)
• to keep our waterways clean (Plastic Bag Ban)
• to ban a dangerous pesticide that makes farm workers and children sick, and causes birth defects (Chlorpyrifos Ban)
• to protect and expand local forest conservation laws
• to enshrine the right to a healthy environment (Healthy Green Maryland Amendment)
After the briefing, those present in person at First Presbyterian Church of Howard County will break out into groups to discuss how to engage in advocacy during the legislative session.
This event is geared toward Maryland faith communities and congregations, and is open to all.