The Georgetown Gender+ Justice Initiative and the Newseum present a conversation inspired by the exhibit, “Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement”
Free with Newseum admission. Seating is on a space-available basis.
A panel of leading experts will address the long struggle for LGBTQ rights as well as the current threats and challenges affecting LGBTQ people with an emphasis on transgender rights.
- Paul Smith, vice president for litigation and strategy at the Campaign Legal Center, law professor at Georgetown Law and scholar specializing in civil rights and liberties;
- Sandy James, attorney specialized in rights and policies affecting trans people for FreeState Justice;
- Sharita Gruberg, director of policy, LGBT Research and Communications Project for Center for American Progress;
- Connor Cory, attorney specialized in LGBTQ immigration for Whitman-Walker Health;
- Mark Stern, writer on courts and legal matters for Slate.